Virtual 2020 CFC Charity Town Hall Recording
to download the video: click here
All nonprofit organizations recognized by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) under 26 U.S.C. §501(c)(3) are eligible to apply.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-232-4935. If you have any policy questions, please contact OPM at email@example.com or 202-606-2564.
- All organizations must apply each year whether they are required to provide a full application or a verification application.
- All organizations must pay the application fee whether they provide a full application or a verification application.
- Providing a verification application does not mean your organization has been automatically approved for participation in that campaign.
- All approved organizations must pay the listing fee to be included on the CFC Charity List. Listing fees are due prior to the start of the fall campaign. OPM will notify approved charities of the listing fee deadline in the summer.
For more information, please visit the CFC Charity Administration Center.
2020 CFC APPLICATION TRAINING FOR INDEPENDENT AND MEMBER ORGANIZATIONS
The CFC Application Training Video Series is an additional training resource for charities. Each video vignette covers a specific part of the application. Charities are encouraged to view all videos in the series, and in particular the Top 10 Application Mistakes. Past participation in the program is not a guarantee of acceptance into the 2020 campaign. Charities that are usually successful in receiving approvals to participate in the program are those that take full advantage of the training resources provided by OPM.
The online Charity Application System (https://cfccharities.opm.gov/) will open for the 2020 CFC Application period on December 2, 2019 and close January 31, 2020. Advance access and/or paper applications are not available. Charities will be notified once the system is open.
The majority of application related questions can be answered by first reviewing training resources and FAQs here
CFC APPLICATION TRAINING VIDEO SERIES LOCATED HERE AND INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Welcome Message from the Director, Office of CFC
- Introduction to the 2020 CFC Application Training Series
- CFC Application System
- Top 10 Application Mistakes
- Steps 1-3 and CFC Application Process: Organization Contact Information, Application Type, and Human Health and Welfare Services
- Step 4: Areas of Service
- Steps 5-6: CFC Exemption Status and IRS Determination Letter
- Step 7: Revenue (Financial Statements)
- Step 8: IRS Form 990 or Pro Forma Form 990
- Steps 9-11: AFR, Governing Body, and Verifying Statements
- Follow on Tasks for the CFC Application
- CFC Eligibility Decisions
- Submitting a DBA Name Request
- Webcast for 2020 CFC Application Training (for Independent and Member Organizations)
- Webcast for 2020 CFC Application Training (for Federations) located here
- How the CFC Works for Charities
- 2019 CFC 2020 Charity Application Briefing
- 2020 Application Training for Independent and Member Organizations
- CFC Memo 2018-09 CFC Application Standards: Areas of Service
- 2020 CFC Application: Completeness Review Checklist for FSYA/FSYP/MWR Organizations
- 2020 CFC Application: Completeness Review Checklist for Independent and Member Organizations